Tuesday, October 30, 2012

not so little peanut

Well, this mother has survived her first round of 2 month shots...oh wait, I mean...Lilia was a champ during her 2 month shots. :)  Only minimal screaming and I held it together quite well.  Now we just have a sleepy girl that loves to be snuggled, and I won't argue with that!  

In the doctor's words, Lilia is not wasting any time growing!  She tipped the charts at 12 lbs. 13 oz. (92nd percentile), 24 1/4 inches (95th percentile), and I'm not sure on her exact head measurement, but it's in the 98th percentile!  I can't say I was all that surprised though - I was pretty sure she had really grown in the past week because the 0-3 month clothes were suddenly way too snug...and I was right.  Getting her measured also reminded me of this summer when I was talking to one of the OB nurses during one of our many non-stress tests.  She had just been up to Holland, MI and couldn't believe some of the Dutch last names she saw.  Well, that prompted us to talk about my Dutch heritage...crazy last names...and eventually how tall Dutch people are.  I made the joke that growing up, it seemed like every baby I knew was in the 90-something percentile for length and I always wondered...who are the people that are in those lower percentiles?!?  I guess Lilia is just staying true to her Dutch-ness and taking a top spot in the length charts!

In other baby news, Lilia has slept through the night for 2 nights in a row.  Matt joked that I got more consecutive hours of sleep than he did on Sunday night....first time in 2 months that has happened!  She has also started to find her voice - cooing, gurgling, and smiling at us more and more.  We can't wait to bring her home for the holidays and have her meet more of her extended family and friends!

Wide awake in the morning

All ready for church!

watching the World Series with dad before bed

She doesn't fit in this anymore, but
Halloween is right around the corner,
so I thought I'd throw it in!

No comments: