Wednesday, June 1, 2011

summer projects

the graduation song is probably playing at the timothy christian 8th grade graduation as i type, so that means.....summer is officially here! tutoring and subbing have wrapped up until summer tutoring kicks off, so i've being doing other things to keep busy. here's my latest project....

all i needed was 3 yards of fabric...


...3 art canvases we had hanging around (the brown one is from a painting experiment gone wrong)


...a scissors, glue gun, and some HGTV on in the background - for great inspiration, of course - and ta-da! wall hangings for our bare bedroom walls. (the closest one is really more of a sage green color, but i couldn't get a picture to show it quite right)


everything went pretty smoothly, except this little bugger. pleating this fabric proved a little harder than i thought it would. otherwise, this was totally my kind of project - cheap, quick , and easy!


it's only taken me 3 years to get some decoration on our bedroom walls....that's a lot of HGTV just to give me a little inspiration :).

2 comments:

me said...

shut up! I was just thinking that our next place will probably be an apartment, and that i'd have to be creative...so i was going to keep my eye on hobby lobby deals on their canvasses, and do this exact project...great minds think alike!

Tim and Chelsea said...

Well aren't you miss Martha Stewart?? Great job, they look fabulous! Do those colors match your bedspread...I can't remember!
Anyways, yes...talk soon to talk about summer :)