Wednesday, August 13, 2008

daily happenings

i like volleyball a lot. that's really no surprise to anyone that knows me. and quite frankly, it's my only contribution to our financial gain thus far. this week i started off my timothy christian volleyball experience with a 5th - 7th grade camp, and after 4 1/2 hours of camp, i've decided that i need to give a BIG thank you to all of the elementary coaches out there...which for me would include my own parents. don't get me wrong - the girls are fun and i enjoy being at the camp. but there's just so much more to coaching that age than the sport itself, and anyone who is in that role has a real talent.

ellie is probably the most entertaining. on day one, when her serve went over the net, she would pump her fists and quietly say "yesss" to her self. on day two she was asking if we could sprint instead of jog for our warmups. on day three, she kept saying over and over how much fun diving and rolling was while every other girl nervously looked at the mats. there truly is never a dull moment with her.

other than that, a large part of our evenings is spent watching the olympics. but the time difference is killing me. i haven't stayed up this late since college, but i just can't stop watching....along with the other 82 million americans that watched phelps last night.

No comments: